"Consequences" is the sixth track and fourth and final single from Camila Cabello's debut solo studio album, Camila. The song was released as an official single for digital download and streaming services on October 9, 2018, and impacting US contemporary hit radio on October 16, 2018.
Background[edit | edit source]
On January 5, 2018, she introduced the song in a tweet by presenting a snippet accompanied by a gif where some lyrics were shown.
Music video[edit | edit source]
The official music video was released on October 10, 2018. It was teased on October 8 with a 30-second-video. It was directed by Dave Meyers, who directed the music video for "Havana". The video was starred by Cabello with Dylan Sprouse.
Reception[edit | edit source]
Critical Reception[edit | edit source]
The newspaper The Sun wrote about the song: "Her most deeply personal and tear-jerking ballad with her powerful vocals against a delicate piano. She sings about the impact of a partner on her life, even revealing: 'Lost a little weight because I wasn’t eating'."
Live performances[edit | edit source]
The song was performed several times on her Never Be The Same Tour, promoting her debut album.
Cabello performed the orchestral version of the song on October 9, 2018, during the 2018 American Music Awards.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Lyrics[edit | edit source]
Chords[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- All Access Media Group - Top 40/M Future Releases. Archived from the original on October 10, 2018.
- Twitter- @MikeAdamOnAir - Epic Records confirms #NeverBeTheSame will be @Camila_Cabello’s next official single! It impacts radio tomorrow at 8am.
- Twitter - Camila revealing the official tracklist
- Twitter - Snippet of "Consequences"
- All Access Media Group- Hot/Modern/AC Future Releases. Archived from the original on October 22, 2018.
- Twitter - Trailer of "Consequences" music video
- Camila Cabello takes moral high ground in self-titled debut album following Fifth Harmony exit
- Camila Cabello shares orchestral version of ‘Consequences’