Shawn Mendes is a Canadian singer-songwriter. Camila Cabello first met whilst on tour when they were both openings for Austin Mahone, but wasn't close until they met backstage at a Taylor Swift concert and wrote: "I Know What You Did Last Summer". Mendes confirmed they have been dating since July 4 2019.
They met backstage when on tour to open for Austin Mahone, but got to know each other more through a Taylor Swift concert, with whom they are both friends with. They made their first collaborations together, I Know What You Did Last Summer. They grew apart a little after the collaboration, but, according to an interview with Camila, Shawn soon reached out to her during 2018-2019 and pitched the idea of writing Señorita, which first Camila was reluctant because she didn't want to write a song too similar to Havana. But after a few months of shuffling back and forth, both of them recorded Señorita together. After dropping the steamy music video, numerous fans suspect that they are dating. After several photos of them hanging out together on July Fourth, and many more PDA photos, which some people think was just PR or a publicity stunt, they finally confirmed their relationship (seperately in different interviews and from different sources)..
- "I Know What You Did Last Summer" was Camila's first collaboration out of Fifth Harmony.
- Shawn Mendes and Camila met at a Taylor Swift concert.
- Camila and Shawn have had to clear up dating rumors multiple times.
- "Who Are You" is Shawn's favorite Fifth Harmony song.
- Stitches is Camila's favorite song by Shawn.
- Camila and Shawn argued over the lyrics of I Know What You Did Last Summer.
- Shawn poured ice over Fifth Harmony for the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- Shawn has been featured in many Fifth Harmony Takeovers.
- Shawn pokes fun at Camila about the bow that she used to wear on the X Factor.
- I Know What You Did Last Summer debuted at number 20 on the Billboard Top 100.
- Shawn showed support to Camila whilst she was getting a lot of hate for being kicked out of Fifth Harmony.
- Camila and Shawn reunited after not hanging out for a while in 2017 and posted pictures together on Snapchat.
- They covered Ed Sheeran's "Kiss Me", together Shawn posted it on his Instagram.
- Shawn organized Camila's 23th birthday party. Source: Shawn Mendes Flew 3,300+ Miles To CeIlebrate Camila Cabello's 23rd Birthday
Are Camila Cabello & Shawn Mendes Still Together?
6 October 2020, 16:58
Superstar duo, Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello have been in a relationship since summer of 2019 but during lockdown, things went quiet. So, are they still together or did they break up?
Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes were the couple that everyone, but also no one saw coming, after being close mates for years, they finally started a relationship in summer of 2019.
|"Screaming my lungs out for ya
Not afraid to face it."